What You Should Know
- Tickets are required for the museum exhibits and boyhood home tours.
- Tickets are not required to explore the campus grounds, library exhibits, or Place of Meditation.
- Museum tickets may be purchased upon arrival or online in advance. If you purchase your ticket online, you will receive an email confirmation upon purchase. Be sure to check your spam folder for the email.
- Boyhood home tickets may only be purchased onsite. Scheduled tours are available Tuesday through Sunday and are limited to 10 guests per time slot.
- Last museum entry is one hour prior to closing.
- Two large parking lots, accessible from Hwy15/Buckeye Avenue, are on the north and south side of our campus.
- Bus / RV parking is available in the south lot.
- A limited number of manual wheelchairs are available for visitors on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- All buildings are equipped with ramps and elevators as appropriate.
- Hearing aid telecoil loops are in place in the museum exhibits.
- National Archives’ Service Animal Policy permits dogs and other service animals specifically trained to perform tasks for persons with disabilities. Therapy animals are not considered service animals under the ADAAA 2008. Service animals must be under the control of their handlers at all times.
- Leashed pets are welcome to accompany their owners on campus grounds, however they are not permitted inside the buildings. Please clean up after your pets.
- Guests are welcome to photograph and record all museum exhibits except for video presentations. Use of flash or additional lighting is prohibited.
- Additional photography guidance can be found in CFR Title 36.
- Drone or UAS pilots/operators are not allowed to operate on NARA owned or leased facilities without prior written permission.
- Face coverings are only required during periods of High community levels (subject to change on a weekly basis).
- Place cell phones on silent. Cell phone use is discouraged.
- Food, chewing gum, and beverages are prohibited in the exhibit areas.
- Firearms and other dangerous weapons are prohibited, in accordance with 18 U.S.C. 930 and 36 CFR 1280.
Note: Our reading room is open for onsite (in-person) research services Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. This is by appointment only and requires an advance consultation.
Visitors, as well as their belongings, are subject to inspection. The requirement for bag inspection and visitor screening on entrance will result in an inability to guarantee our security officers can maintain 6-foot social distance during these procedures.
Museum Exhibits * • Gift Shop
*Admission ticket required for museum access. Ticket may be purchased online or in person.
Boyhood Home Tours *
Tours are scheduled every half hour and are limited to 10 people per tour. Tickets must be purchased in person.
*All home tours are scheduled and tickets may only be purchased onsite.
Campus Grounds • Place of Meditation
Special Weather Notice
During the winter months, inclement weather sometimes prompts the delay or closure of the Library. If you plan to visit during these periods, please check the website or social media pages for status updates.
|Museum + Home||$20||$17||$15|
*Additional discount programs may be available.
Active duty military receive free admission. Discounted admission is offered with proof of veteran or retired status. Examples of this include:
- Military ID card
- We can accept both active and expired ID card
- State-issued ID that lists veteran status (i.e., a driver’s license)
- Form DD 214 (Dept. of Defense discharge papers)
We are a proud member of the Blue Star Museum program. Military families (up to 5 family members) receive free museum admission Armed Forces Day through Labor Day.
Free Museum Admission Days*
- Symphony at Sunset Annual D-Day Commemoration Concert
(First Saturday of June)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Veterans Day (November 11)
*Free admission for the museum exhibits. Tickets for scheduled home tours must be purchased.
Groups of 20 persons or more with reservations are eligible for a reduced adult-rate admission with a single payment. All group visits must be scheduled in advance. Contact us to schedule your group reservation.
If you are a K-12 group, visit the Eisenhower Foundation's website for scheduling and program options.
We suggest that groups allow a minimum of 90 minutes to get the most of their museum experience.
Payment by cash, company check, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Amex, or Discover) should be made by arrival.
Payment by company check should be made for the exact amount on arrival. Payments by company check exceeding the amount due cannot be refunded. Payment may be made in advance by credit card.
The Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum offers motor coach parking in the south parking lot.
Visiting Ike's Hometown
"I come from the very heart of America." ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower, June 12, 1945
Named one of the "Best Small Towns to Visit" by Smithsonian Magazine, there are plenty of things to do while you are in town. Learn more at the Abilene Convention & Visitors Bureau website.